Change from US$45.00
You can change the name of your company at any time after incorporation. Companies provides a professional service to change your company name on your behalf. Once the file search, advert placed, the documentation has been completed and signed, and the submission made at Companies Registry, the change of name should take place within 7-9 working days, although it can be shorter dependent on the Registrar’s workload.
We will prepare the required documentation for a change of name under the authority of the members (directors) of the company, including the write up and filing of all the the forms at the Companies Registry.
What’s included in our price?
- Name search.
- Completion and filing of notice of change of company name form to notify the Companies Registry of the change of company name
- Write up and submission of the special resolution form.
- Minutes – The company directors should pass minutes to change company name and file the Minutes in their company records.
- Written Resolution – Existing shareholders must agree to change the name of the company by signing a special resolution.
- Origination and placement of advert notifying the public of the intention to change the company name.
- Updated statutory registers.
- Certificate of Name Change.
How it works?
- Order by calling or WhatsApp 0778 702 715 or 0242 (709 884.
- We will request for the company name and/or company number and we conduct a file search and produce a statutory report.
- You make payment.
- You will receive signing documents in 1-2 working days by email, including the meeting minutes and the special resolution or you can sign at our offices.
- We will place the adverts and file the documents with the Company’s Registry.
- You will then receive a certificate of name change and the accompanying documents.
Important points to note:
- Outstanding annual returns and share capital redenomination should be updated concurrently with the company name change.
Company Name Change
Order by calling or WhatsApp +263 778 702 715 or +263 (0242) 709 884 now if wish to change your company name.
Our most popular corporate services
A proffessional company secretary to take care of your business all year ensuring you remain compliant.
File Search and
Statutory review and recomendations to ensure full compliance with prevailing statutory rules
Frequently asked questions
How long does it usually take to change my company name?
It usually takes around 21 days in total to change a company name on the Companies Registry register. We will conduct a file search and produce a statutory report, conduct a name search which is usually approved wihin 24 working hours to determine the availability of the proposed company name and place an advert in the newspaper. We will send you documents to sign within 1-2 working days, by email, WhatsApp or you can sign at our offices.
Once you have confirmed to us that the documents have been signed, it will take 7-9 working days for your company name to change with Companies Registry. We will then notify you on the same day the company name is changed.
What will I need to provide to change my company name?
You would need to provide your company name and/or company number and your new proposed company name.
What documents will I receive after I change my company’s name?
You will receive a certificate of name change. This is equivalent to a certificate of incorporation.
Will my company registration number change if I change my company name?
No. Your company number remain the same.
Will I receive a new certificate of incorporation and company documents?
No. Your original certificate of incorporation will remain intact and will be supplemented with a certificate of company name change. The memorandum and articles of association will not change, as this lists the subscribers to the company on the day it was formed.
In many respects, the memorandum becomes a document of historical significance, through the passage of time.
Who else should I inform that I have changed my company name?
You will need to inform the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA). You will also need to inform your bank, clients, suppliers, service providers, relevant authorities and other business contacts. Finally, don’t forget to update your company stationery, signage, website and domain name as well.
« If you want to register a company in Zimbabwe and you want a consultant who is fast, affordable and reliable – nobody is better than Companies. »
Are you ready to
register your company today?
Order online or if you would like to set up your company by telephone, please call or WhatsApp 077 470 9378 or (0242) 709 883
Replacement of Company Documents
Director Appointment & Resignation
Amendment of Memorandum & Articles of Association
Companies.co.zw, is a service of Companies Made Easy aka CME, registered in Zimbabwe at Pockets Building, 50 Jason Moyo Avenue, Second Floor, Suite 208 & 209, Harare, Zimbabwe. Company registration number: 18567/2021. CME offers company registration in Zimbabwe and corporate secretarial services.
Copyright 2023 © Companies Made Easy
Tel: (0242) 709 883
Mobile: 077 470 9378
Tel: (0242) 709 883
Mobile: 077 470 9378
Copyright 2022 © Companies Made Easy